Taiwan V-MEN Charity Run is coming on 11/22
Garden of Hope Foundation in Taiwan’s annual event V-Men is coming again on the 22nd of November, 2014. Come with your family, friends and children to join the fun and empowering event to stop violence against women, and raise money for women and children who have suffered from abuse or violence.
The V-Men Charity Run is inspired by the V-Men Movement, the White Ribbon Campaign, and other global initiatives organized by men to end men’s violence against women.
V-MEN are the good men who support anti-violence, a good valentine’s without violence, treating women well around you, and participate by practical friendly actions to end gender-based violence.
From 2013 we asked men to sign the V-Men pledge for following the V-MEN Actions guidelines:
1. Compliment to replace criticism
2. Embrace to replace battery
3. Good men do NOT buy sex
4. Humor without sexual implication
5. Do something good for women
V-Men Charity Run in November is open to all ages and sexes. Join athletes like ultramarathon runner Kevin Lin, entertainers, celebrities and thousands of other runners along a scenic route by the Keelung river in Taipei (Dajia Riverside Park) on 22nd of Nov, 2014 (Sat). There are other fun activities like ‘in her shoes’ high heel wearing, and pregnant belly suit.
I would like to encourage you to support this important and fun event by:
1. Encouraging your staff, domestic & international students, and scholars to join the run. Register as a group or as individuals.
2. Publicizing the event on your website and social media, or circulate around by email.
3. Become an Against Violence Warrior (AV Warrior) -donate your daily training meters for raising fund.
4. Sponsor an AV-Warrior, or other events (share your ideas with us).
For further details, please visit V-Men website.
If you have any questions about the event or other works of Garden of Hope Foundation, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
International Affairs Specialist
Garden of Hope Foundation, Taiwan