- Invite all of your friends to join the One Billion Rising Revolution campaign.
- Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram: Share information about your event and relevant news stories, quotes, and videos about what inspires you to drum, dance, and rise.
- Tweet and retweet using the hashtags #1billionrising, #riseinsolidarity, #RiseResistUnite and @vday
- Create a Facebook event page for an event you are organizing/hosting.
- Change your profile picture, cover photo, and twitter header to One Billion Rising Solidarity.
- Download One Billion Rising Revolution videos and music to play at your event from the Music & Video Resource Page.
- Share Your V-Day and/or One Billion Rising Story. We invite you to help us tell the story of the movement. Create a short video (we suggest between 2-5 minutes in length) telling your story to the camera, or in voice over, or an animated piece. Get creative. Learn more here >
- Share your photos, video and audio updates with the global audience using #1BillionRising, #RiseInSolidarity, and #RiseResistUnite! Please film and photograph your event using the highest resolution files available and then share them with us after your event HERE.
- Download and share the One Billion Rising Solidarity logo (if your language isn’t there, make one!).
- Contact local press to share details about your event.
- Blog and submit articles to your local media outlets about why you will rise.
- Create a website, blog, or Tumblr for your event.
- Become a One Billion Rising Revolution blogger. Write a piece to be posted on our blog and share it with everyone in your network!
- Distribute posters. We suggest using the free font Oswald, available here.
- Take the message to the streets! Download the One Billion Rising Revolution stencils!
- Wear your One Billion Rising Revolution t-shirt, or make your own.
- Gather your team to help plan the event.
- Choose your location, your start and ending time.
- Choose your music and your dance moves! If you are not comfortable using the Debbie Allen choreography for “Break The Chain,” we encourage you to consider creating your own choreography or using choreography created by activists around the world. To read the statement from the One Billion Rising Global Coordinators, click here. Since 2012, activists have been creating their own dances locally and they are incredible. Here are some examples. You can find Break the Chain music, videos, and sheet music here.
- Decide how you want to RISE. It can be anything! Whatever represents YOUR revolution!
- Make signs, posters, stencils, shirts, & any other artistic method to spread the word and engage your community.
- On or around 14 February, leave your work, leave your school, interrupt the day, rise for revolution, dance, drum, and demand an end to the violence!
- Make 14 February a “day of action” by organizing your friends or colleagues to volunteer at local women’s shelters or service centers – promote your plan on the Facebook Page and across your own social networks.