V-Day’s legacy on college campuses has contributed to what is now a widespread dialogue about reforming sexual assault policies on college campuses. For 19 years activists have highlighted violence against women and girls, in all its forms, in communities around the world. Now, as part of One Billion Rising, it is time for those of you at colleges and universities to turn your attention inward and examine and expose campus injustices with our Campus Rising campaign.
Our Campus Rising Toolkit is filled with information and resources to help you join this student-driven movement to revamp sexual assault policy on college campuses. Together, we can end the prevalence of on-campus sexual assault and date-rape, as well as administrations’ failure to properly prevent or adequately respond to the needs of college survivors.
Rise In Solidarity at YOUR College on (or around) 14 February 2017, and devote your school year to bringing about tangible change on your campus! You can download the Campus Rising Toolkit here!
- Download the #CampusRising logo and post on all of your social networks.
- Create a video telling us what your revolution looks like, invite other campus students to do them too, and share on our site!
- Blog about One Billion Rising Revolution, and write articles for your on-campus paper and the local press.
- Join our Campus Rising Facebook group to share and discuss these issues on your campus and learn how other students are addressing it.
- Watch the Man Prayer video then download, print and distribute the Man Prayer postcard (postcard with crop lines).
- View and download the One Billion Rising Revolution Toolkit. From music videos to t-shirts, and postcards to posters, this kit provides inspiring resources to include in your Campus Rising.
- Educate yourself with the statistics about sexual assault on campuses and then use the information in press interviews and speeches.
- Use the One Billion Rising Revolution stencils. Take the message to your campus, chalk your campus with the statistics for high impact! Tag our logo and let your whole school know about the rising. (coming soon)
- For nationwide reports, resources, data and to learn about the current efforts being made to change legislation and hold campuses accountable visit Not Alone: Together Against Sexual Assault
- Visit the Know Your IX website to learn about your rights on campus.
- Read the Campus Accountability Project report and key findings based on our national database of school’s implementation of sexual assault and prevention policies and see if it reflects your own school’s policies.
- Use this template to write to your University president or Deans to invite them to your Campus Rising event.
- Bring SAFER to your campus for a training on how to reform your university’s sexual assault policy.
- Invite educators at your school to connect with Security on Campus to be a part of their Campus Save Act implementation trainings.
- Produce a benefit performance of The Vagina Monologues.
- RISE and dance at your performances.
- Organize a protest march or mass gathering in the main quad of your school, demanding your rights to a safe school.
- Show the new short film, “One Billion Rising Revolution” on-campus or at your events.
- Screen live footage of Risings from around the world as they happen.
- Chalk your campus with statistics about violence against women on campus.