Download the official OBR4J toolkit! (last updated 31 January 2014)
- Invite all of your friends to join the One Billion Rising for Justice campaign.
- Twitter, Facebook & Tumblr: Share information about your event and relevant news stories, quotes, and videos about what inspires you to strike and rise.
- Tweet and retweet using the hashtags #rise4justice, #reasontorise, and @vday
- Create a Facebook event page.
- Change your profile picture, cover photo, and twitter background to One Billion Rising for Justice.
- Add a “twibbon” to your Twitter profile picture. (coming soon)
- Download One Billion Rising for Justice videos and MP3s to play at your event from the Music & Video Resource Page.
- Film your friends and colleagues sharing what justice looks like to them and share with the world on our website! View the Video Series Guide here >
- Download and share the One Billion Rising for Justice logo (if your language isn’t there, make one!).
- Contact local press to share details about your event. Here is our Press Release Template.
- Blog and submit articles to your local media outlets about why you will rise.
- Create a website, blog, or Tumblr for your event.
- Become a One Billion Rising for Justice blogger. On a regular basis, write a piece to be posted on our blog and share it with everyone in your network!
- Distribute posters. Use our poster templates or make your own. We suggest using the free font Oswald, available here.
- Use the One Billion Rising for Justice stencils. Take the message to the streets! Tag our logo and let your whole neighborhood know about the rising.
(Download: Stencil 1, Stencil 2)
- Wear your One Billion Rising for Justice t-shirt, or make your own.
- Download the print-ready postcard.
- Download and distribute One Billion Rising for Justice stickers.
- Gather your team to help plan the event.
- Choose your strike location and a start time.
- Choose your music. Here are some ideas.
- Decide how you want to rise. Here are some examples.
- Make signs, posters, and any other decorations.
- It is 14 February 2014. Leave your work, leave your school, interrupt the day, rise for justice, dance, and demand an end to the violence!
- Make 14 February 2014 a “day of action” by organizing your friends or colleagues to volunteer at local women’s shelters or service centers – promote your plan on the OBR4J Facebook Page and across your own social networks.
- Check out our Ways to Rise section for more ideas!