Download the official One Billion Rising Revolution toolkit! (last updated 21 January 2015)
- Invite all of your friends to join the One Billion Rising Revolution campaign.
- Twitter, Facebook & Tumblr: Share information about your event and relevant news stories, quotes, and videos about what inspires you to drum, dance, and rise.
- Tweet and retweet using the hashtags #1billionrising, #rise4revolution, and @vday
- Create a Facebook event page.
- Change your profile picture, cover photo, and twitter header to One Billion Rising Revolution.
- Download One Billion Rising Revolution videos and music to play at your event from the Music & Video Resource Page.
- Invite your friends and colleagues to film “My Revolution…” videos to share with the world on our website! View the Video Series Guide here >
- Download and share the One Billion Rising Revolution logo (if your language isn’t there, make one!).
- Contact local press to share details about your event. (Press Release template coming soon)
- Blog and submit articles to your local media outlets about why you will rise.
- Create a website, blog, or Tumblr for your event.
- Become a One Billion Rising Revolution blogger. On a regular basis, write a piece to be posted on our blog and share it with everyone in your network!
- Distribute posters. We suggest using the free font Oswald, available here.
- Take the message to the streets! Download the One Billion Rising Revolution stencils!
- Wear your One Billion Rising Revolution t-shirt, or make your own.
- Also COMING SOON: One Billion Rising Revolution stickers and postcard!
- Gather your team to help plan the event.
- Choose your location, your start and ending time.
- Choose your music.
- Decide how you want to RISE. It can be anything! Whatever represents YOUR revolution!
- Make signs, posters, stencils, shirts, & any other artistic method to spread the word and engage your community.
- On or around 14 February 2015, leave your work, leave your school, interrupt the day, rise for revolution, dance, drum, and demand an end to the violence!
- Make 14 February 2015 a “day of action” by organizing your friends or colleagues to volunteer at local women’s shelters or service centers – promote your plan on the Facebook Page and across your own social networks.