1 Billion Rising Events

V-Day in the South

United States > North Charleston, SC 29405 > South of Broadway Theater North Charleston > 2018-02-11th > 07:00 pm

About The Event

Many ask what are the Vagina Monologues it is a wonderful play which has been used conjunction with V-Day! A global activist movement to end violence against women and girls*. V-Day is a catalyst that promotes creative events to increase awareness, raise money, and revitalize the spirit of existing anti-violence organizations. V-Day generates broader attention for the fight to stop violence against women and girls, including rape, battery, incest, female genital mutilation (FGM), and sex slavery. Through V-Day campaigns, local volunteers and college students produce annual benefit performances of The Vagina Monologues and A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and A Prayer to raise awareness and funds for anti-violence groups within their own communities. Each year, thousands of V-Day benefit events take place produced by volunteer activists in the U.S. and around the world, educating millions of people about the reality of violence against women and girls. This February we are proud to present this campaign at the South of Broadway Theater with cooperation of both Mary Gould Producer and Kristen Kos the Artistic Director of South of Broadway Theater. How this works, all net proceeds are distributed as follows: 90% of proceeds will go to a local grassroots group that is working on ending violence against women and girls. The remaining 10% will go to V-Day program. Janet M Peck - Director

About The Organization

South of Broadway Theater

South of Broadway Theater - A local equity theater who also work with children teaching them to act and design, sing and dance, improv scenes and create characters.

About The Organizer

Kristen Kos & Janet Peck

Janet began working in theater while in high school through college; since moving to Charleston in 2008, Janet has worked on many productions for Flowertown Players, South of Broadway, Footlight Theater and Cane Bay Players as sound and light technician, Assistant director and director, Stage manager. More recently I have having directed California Suite and Rumors for Cane Bay players. Other performances I have worked on include Mid Summers Night dream, RENT, Charlie’s Aunt, Christmas Story, Chicago, Grease, The Brain that wouldn’t die and many more.

This will be her second V-Day event, and the wonderful Cast from last year has agreed to return for the 2018 event!

Upload a photo taken at this event

Open in Google Maps