About The Event
Seattle RISING! Flash Mob
Hosted by the WA State Chapter of the American Dance Therapy Association (ADTA)
Saturday February 11, 2017, 1-3pm
Location: Gas Works Park
2101 N Northlake Way, Seattle, WA 98103
How to Participate?
Do one or more of the following:
1. Attend rehearsal with the WA State Chapter of the ADTA to learn "Break the Chain" choreography on Sunday Feb 5 from 3-5pm at Velocity Dance Center in the Steward Studio, 1621 12th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
2. Teach yourself the "Break the Chain" choreography at home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRU1xmBwUeA
3. Improvise! SHOW UP to our RISING event and find a way to participate!
4. Learn the Choreography the day of the event: from 1-2pm, we will gather in the East Meadow by the Stone Sculpture where we will practice choreography and engage in creative communal experience to prepare for the performance.
At 2pm, a group of drummers will lead us to the Amphitheater to perform!
How else can you participate?
- Help market our event…SHARE OUR FACEBOOK INVITE FAR AND WIDE!
- Photograph and/or videograph our RISING event!
- Make art/signage
***All people are invited to participate. This is an inclusive event!***
About The Organization
WA State Chapter of the American Dance Therapy Association (ADTA)
What Is Dance/Movement Therapy?
"Based on the empirically supported premise that the body, mind and spirit are interconnected, the American Dance Therapy Association defines dance/movement therapy as the psychotherapeutic use of movement to further the emotional, cognitive, physical and social integration of the individual." (www.adta.org)
What is the ADTA?
"The American Dance Therapy Association...is an organization which support(s) the emerging profession of dance/movement therapy and is the only U.S. organization dedicated to the profession of dance/movement therapy." (www.adta.org)
About the WA State Chapter of the ADTA:
The WA State Chapter (WAADTA) is a branch of the American Dance Therapy Association. We operate based on our own set of by-laws and follow ethics set by our national association. Our chapter hosts multiple business meetings each year to support the professional development of local dance/movement therapists. We aim to create meaningful community experiences which help stimulate social engagement through creativity and dance.
About The Organizer
Lauren E. Harrison
Lauren is the Chairperson for the WA State Chapter of the ADTA and a Seattle- based Registered-Dance/Movement Therapist (R-DMT).
Upload a photo taken at this event