1 Billion Rising Events

…..And Still We Rise

United Kingdom > Derby > MCEHREC, 179-181 Peartree Road, Derby, DE238NQ > 2014-02-14 > 07:00 pm

About The Event

Join us for an evening of celebration, exchange and remembering....Come and watch, dance, eat, share, talk and Rise Up For Change, Rise Up For Justice. Everyone is welcome. The event will be what you make it so bring your music, food and films, poetry, ideas and anything else you would like to share. Pre-loved, upcycled and new items will be on sale to raise funds for VF's Every Girl Network Programme and BeYOUtiful Campaign. 90% of what we raised will go to the aforementioned projects with the remainder 10% going to VDay designated causes.

About The Organization

Vox Feminarum

Vox Feminarum works to place issues affecting women and girls back/on the agenda and to engage women and girls (irrespective of disability - mental health, learning and physical, ethnicity/race, religion/faith, sexual orientation or age) in raising the concerns affecting all our lives and livelihoods. We are a medium through which the words, actions and concerns of women can be channelled and hope to be a voice for women who have no voice - a meaningful vehicle in the struggle for equality. We work in the long established tradition of those who fought for and won the right to vote, for those who fought for and won the right to be educated, for those who fought for and won the right of women to free speech and action on issues from fertility rights to marriage and physical freedom, we continue to fight with and for women for whom these rights are yet to be realised and for those women affected by the kind of discrimination which results in the glass ceiling and objectification.

About The Organizer

Sonya Robotham

Upload a photo taken at this event

Open in Google Maps