1 Billion Rising Events

1 Billion Rising at Del Webb Summerville SC.

United States > Summerville SC > 325 Palmetto Point Drive > 2018-02-14 > 07:00 pm

About The Event

This year’s production at Del Webb will be over two nights (Feb 14-15). With all of the original cast returning and two new members. You asked us to come back and here we are! There will be only 120 seats so get your tickets early, we will begin selling at Ticket Tuesday just after the new year. Our sponsors this years are Cane Bay Players and Alpha Delta Women’s Club. We have also been asked to do a single performance at So. Of Broadway theater by their artistic Director which is a wonderful small theater in Park Circle. All performances will be in February and all net proceeds will be distributed as follows: 90% of proceeds will go to a local grassroots group that is working on ending violence against women and girls. The remaining 10% will go to V-Day program Janet M Peck - Director / Producer

About The Organization

Cane Bay Players, Alpha Delta Women’s Club , South of Broadway Theater

Cane Bay Players - A small group of seniors who do plays at Del Webb - All over 65 some (like me) in their 70's) The community is 1200 homes of seniors

Alpha Delta Women’s Club at Del Webb - A wonderful group dedicated to the promotion of continuing education and to altruistic activities that make a positive difference in the world community

South of Broadway Theater - A local equity theater who also work with children teaching them to act and design, sing and dance, improv scenes and create characters.

About The Organizer

Janet M Peck

Janet began working in theater while in high school through college; since moving to Charleston in 2008, Janet has worked on many productions for Flowertown Players, South of Broadway, Footlight Theater and Cane Bay Players as sound and light technician, Assistant director and director, Stage manager. More recently I have having directed California Suite and Rumors for Cane Bay players. Other performances I have worked on include Mid Summers Night dream, RENT, Charlie’s Aunt, Christmas Story, Chicago, Grease, The Brain that wouldn’t die and many more.

This will be her second V-Day event, and the wonderful Cast from last year has agreed to return for the 2018 event!

Upload a photo taken at this event

Open in Google Maps

RSVP for this event

  • Your contact information will be shared with the organizer of this event.